Monday, September 27, 2010

Vaseline Beauty Treatments

Last year around this time, I wrote a post called Winter Skin Tips, but looking back now and seeing it dated October makes me laugh. It's true, last fall was my first in Denver and since the temperatures were probably in the high 60's during the day-- I-- being a Cali girl at heart, associated that with winter. haha!

Anyway, while I've gotten a handle (somewhat) on this high-altitude air, I still love having soft, moisturized skin. During the summer, I bought Vaseline's Cocoa Butter Oil because not only did it smell amazing, the oil gave my tan an amazing look. After a few attempts to slather it on, I realized it was way too greasy to wear during the day. Instead of stashing it under the bathroom sink, I tried to think of a new use for it. Then, I came up with this:



That's right. I mixed enough white sugar with the body oil to create my own sugar shower scrub. To make your own, add an ample amount of the body oil to a container ( I used a plastic Tupperware for safety in the shower) and then just add enough sugar to make a paste-like consistency. Once it's mixed simply use it in the shower for soft, moisturized skin and then rinse off. This concoction makes a perfect evening shower treatment, so the remaining oil has plenty of time to soak into the skin while you sleep. 


Every girl needs this item in her beauty routine as well. Not only has it been a tried and true beauty product for decades, but it really works well on the skin. Here are a few ways to incorporate Vaseline petroleum jelly into your daily routine: 

1. Soften feet: Rub a small amount of Vaseline into the heels before bed and then throw on a pair of socks to let the stuff soak in. Wake up to softer feet and heels in just a few applications. 



2. Dab a small amount on the face--especially where you see wrinkles beginning to form. Vaseline is perfect for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as adding moisture to the skin. 



3. Rub a small amount into dry cuticles to keep them moistened, especially during dry weather.  


4. Add a thin layer of Vaseline around the hairline and ears when coloring your hair at home. If you get some on the skin, simply wipe it off thanks to the barrier created by the petroleum jelly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment