Monday, October 11, 2010

Perfect Handles for Home

I go into this cleaning/re-decorating mode once it cools down after summer. My weekends are already booked with pre-winter cleaning and now that I am going home for a few days next month, I want to get it all done before I leave. Next week, I'm renting a trusty Rug Doctor to get my carpet as clean as can be. I'm thinking about the new bedroom colors and decor I want to try so I can turn my bedroom into this thanks to HomeGoods and Target:



As I've mentioned before, living in an apartment means you are really limited in how you can turn a cookie cutter space into your own. One way I can "dress" up my space is by taking out all of the boring handles in the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom and change them out to be more of my liking. 

There are plenty of places you can go to find new handles, like Target, Anthropologie or Restoration Hardware. Replacing handles is super easy, and if you live in an apartment just be sure to keep all the original hardware in a bag so you can change it back before you move out. Here are some styles I like: 

Pipeline Handle- Anthropologie $12

Arthurian Knob- Anthropologie $14

Lugarno Knob-Restoration Hardware $8

Spritz Knob- Restoration Hardware $8

Modern Pull- Restoration Hardware $17







1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love the inspiration picture! I really enjoy decorating, but wish I had a bit more house to practice it in!! So many ideas, so little space..Oh, well...I'm a freelance clothing designer, so I guess I'll have to settle for being creative there!

    ReplyDelete