Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Pumpkin Time!

In just a few short days, Halloween will be upon us again. I love Halloween, but for a different reason than everyone else. It's the anniversary of my first date with the hubs! This year we will be celebrating NINE (!) years together!! It's so hard to believe we've been together since we were a ripe age of 18, and it's gone by too fast. When we reminisce of those awesome times of being carefree with piles of money in the bank because we hadn't discovered credit cards, it feels like another life.

Anyways, each year we get three semi-small pumpkins to create a little family. One for the each of us and our dog gets his own. Typically, we do a traditional jack-o-lantern in the front with some sort of tribute to our anniversary on the back. Here is the back of last year's pumpkin:

October 2009


I'm a traditionalist when it comes to carving pumpkins. Today, as I was doing my morning Twitter read-through, I came across this: The Funniest Pop Culture Jack-O-Lanterns Ever . Need some ideas for your own pumpkins this year, try one of these! :)

Justin Bieber 

Snookie

Mr. Burns

Sarah Palin (Do at your own risk! haha)

Iron Man






1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love your pumpkin from last year! What a cute idea!

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete