Monday, November 9, 2009

Relaxing those Feet!

The other day, I was writing an article on foot detox spa treatments when I came across an AWESOME site for home pedicure soaks. Now, I told you before that I loved trying things made from natural products, and being flip flop queen I need to keep my feet looking good!

Going to the spa is not always easy or cheap, so doing your own foot spa treatments is perfect for those days you want to relax but not leave the house. I came across one recipe in particular that has simple items meant to leave skin feeling soft.


Skin Softening Soak

2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Milk
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix all of these ingredients together and soak your feet as long as you want to! I will be trying this recipe tonight since it has been awhile since I have done any relaxing..

If you have tired feet (and I know what heels do to our feet) a great recipe is to mix sea salt with warm water and soak them. The salt will relax the feet to get rid of that achy feeling. You can find sea salt anywhere...Target, Sephora, even a drug store...Epsom Salt is found everywhere as well, and is especially used for relaxing muscle aches after a workout.

For a Foot Relaxing Soak

1/2 Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
Enough water to cover the feet

Mix warm water and the salt to create the soak and then relax the feet as long as you want. To use an Epsom salt bath after a workout, just mix one cup in a tub filled with water. 

Like to buy products? Here are some great products to try from my fave store Bath & Body Works:

Stress Relief- Tranquil Mint 
$15

Footloose & Fancy Fizz Bubbly Foot Bath
$15

No comments:

Post a Comment