Friday, August 20, 2010

Affordable Beauty Finds

Ugh. Time has gotten away from me...so it's been a few weeks since I've blogged. Summer is coming to an end but my next favorite season, Fall, is right around the corner. Another favorite event of mine is coming up next weekend! That's right, the Emmy's are being handed out in just a few days and I am super excited. I am a MAJOR television junkie, so it's only natural I'm looking forward to the start of award season. Keep an eye out for my best and worst picks next week, I'm sure there will be some doozies. :)


Aside from summer being over soon, so will another season of beauty trends. I'm all about bargain hunting for great finds to fit my budget, and Glamour has made it easy to bypass the expensive items in favor for beauty necessities every girl needs. Here are some of the 2010 Glammy Award Winners, and a few of my personal faves: 



L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolor. Anything that sounds that French and is under $9 is a beauty bargain in my book. 



I'm like a hawk when it comes to sales at Bath and Body Works. They really have deliciously smelly body washes for everyone. Another of my favorite brands is Philosophy, and for Fall I usually have some seasonal favorite like Pumpkin Spice. 



Philosophy makes these awesome body wash/shampoo and bubble bath formulas. I don't use it as a shampoo though, so there is plenty to last for a couple months. 


This mascara from Maybelline is one of those tried and true favorites. It's probably one of the only mascaras I've ever used that is not only super waterproof but also makes my lashes look nice and thick. 


 
I'm the first one to love getting a mani/pedi when I have a chance, but lately those chances are few and far between. To avoid the $40 nail trip, I bought my own pedicure bath from Bed, Bath and Beyond to still get semi-pampered and I buy OPI to have at home, just like they use in the salon. OPI and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry are the two best brands I've tried. They dry quickly without all those annoying little bubbles you get with cheaper polishes. 



I love having a clean face. Instead of scrubbing the top layer off with an abrasive sponge, I found L'Oreal's Go 360 Clean with an attached soft scrub. Not only do I love the creamy cleanser, but the little scrub pad does it's job while keeping my face in tact. 


So, there are a few beauty items that not only won awards from Glamour Magazine but also work perfectly for me. What beauty items can't you do without?




No comments:

Post a Comment