Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emmy Night 2009

What better way to start off my new blog than to talk about the Emmy Awards? My personal faves were Mad Men for Drama and 30 Rock for Comedy, and they both happened to win.

Here is the complete list of winners in case you missed it: Emmy Award Winners 2009

While Neil Patrick Harris did a somewhat good job hosting, I can't say that it was all that entertaining.There was the typical song and dance opening, which I don't understand why it needs to be on almost every award show. There were no surprises this year, I am sad Jon Hamm did not win Best Actor in a Drama for the second year in a row, but maybe Breaking Bad is really that good. Dresses from the ladies were colorful, my favorites being of course the gorgeous January Jones in Versace, Kate Walsh in J. Mendel and Jennifer Love Hewitt in Max Azria.





My not-so fave? Leighton Meester. She looked like a hot mess with her baggy Bottega Veneta dress and moppy hair. I was also slightly disappointed in Christina Hendricks fashion choice, seeing as she has a body for a much more colorful and youthful dress.

 




Source: E!, CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment