Monday, March 8, 2010

82nd Annual Academy Awards

Last night, the 82nd Academy Awards were shown from the Kodak Theater and there were a few surprises, as well as a few interesting moments. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were entertaining, and I would be happy to see them again hosting the award show. 


Metallics were the color of the night: 






In case you missed it, here are some highlights: 



Then there was the "Kanye Moment" :


Salon.com has the interview where Elinor Burkett explains why she pulled the "Imma Let You Finish" move:

People are already saying you "pulled a Kanye." What happened?
BURKETT: What happened was the director and I had a bad difference over the direction of the film that resulted in a lawsuit that has settled amicably out of court. But there have been all these events around the Oscars, and I wasn't invited to any of them. And he's not speaking to me. So we weren't even able to discuss ahead of the time who would be the one person allowed to speak if we won. And then, as I'm sure you saw, when we won, he raced up there to accept the award. And his mother took her cane and blocked me. So I couldn't get up there very fast.

Ok, then Ben Stiller decided to dress up as a Na'vi from Avatar to present the Best Makeup Oscar: 

The winner for Best Costume Designer started off her Thank You speech by saying, "Wow. Well, I already have two of these."


All in all, the awards were good -- but long. I am personally happy Avatar did not take home top honors, only because The Hurt Locker was not as big-budget and -from what I hear- had a haunting story to go with it. 

For a complete list of winners, check them out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment