Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Beauty Treatments

Tomorrow is Halloween, but unfortunately the hubby is working so there will be no fun had in this house! Halloween also happens to be the anniversary of our first date…in 2001. Yes, we have been inseparable for eight years and every year is better than the last.


Ok back to Halloween...so I am a big advocate of using natural products on my skin for beauty treatments.  Yes, I have been the one to slather honey and oatmeal on my face, created brown sugar scrubs for my skin and even thrown milk in my bath like Cleopatra. You know what I haven’t used? Pumpkin! Now I know pumpkin is beneficial for skin, containing vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc. Pumpkin masks have long been used to moisturize and create the softest skin. So instead of trick-or-treating, you can bet I will be sitting at home with my own mask…made of pumpkin.

Here are some pumpkin skin treatments:

Facial Mask
2 teaspoons of canned or cooked, pureed pumpkin
½ teaspoon of honey (used to regenerate skin cells)
¼ teaspoon milk (moisturizes and soothes skin)
Combine all the ingredients and apply to the face, leaving on for 15 minutes. With the ingredients to the pumpkin pie mask, exfoliating and moisturizing is done in one simple treatment! Rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer.

Body Scrub
½ cup canned pumpkin
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar

Combine all of the ingredients and apply to the entire body, scrubbing gently in circular motions and paying special attention to the knees and elbows. Rinse off with warm water and apply a body cream

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting Laura... I love it how you have tried all of this... inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete